Chain of Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chain of Hope

Chain of Hope

You are not connected. Please login or register

fundraiser ideas!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1fundraiser ideas! Empty fundraiser ideas! Mon May 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

So we have our bingo fundraiser event coming up in a couple weeks at Hamburger Mary's. I want to get some ideas from you guys on other fundraising activities that we can put together for Chain of Hope. Does anyone know of other places that do charity nights like Hamburger Mary's? I figured we could just brainstorm some ideas.

I am hopefully closing on my house at the end of June, so I was thinking we could do a yard sale where all proceeds go to COH. We could just start collecting everyone's stuff and storing it in my garage until the weekend we choose to have it. That's just one idea.

I would really like to have an event at least every couple months, if not every month. Let me know what you guys come up with and I can start looking into it!

2fundraiser ideas! Empty Re: fundraiser ideas! Mon May 30, 2011 6:02 pm

sejones65

sejones65

The yard sale is a great idea! (and would be another opportunity to sell bracelets). I did this once and people really responded, most ended up donating $ even if they didn't buy anything.

3fundraiser ideas! Empty Re: fundraiser ideas! Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

That's what I was thinking, people would probably donate more than what we would be asking for things too. Keep you fingers crossed I get this house and it's on!

4fundraiser ideas! Empty Fundraising Idea Tue May 31, 2011 9:06 am

Ashley

Ashley
Admin

I know a woman who wants to throw a Silpada party to fundraise for COH. She will donate all of her proceeds. I'm just trying to figure out a date that would work. The nfrom there a location? I'd like to find a store who will donate free food or booze to the cause too...we'll see. It's a work in progress.

https://chainofhope.forumotion.com

5fundraiser ideas! Empty Re: fundraiser ideas! Tue May 31, 2011 9:29 am

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

What is a Silpada party? free food and booze would attact a lot of people! lol Chain of Hope had a benefit last year called food n fur and boulevard and a bunch of different restaurants donated food and it raised over $5000 for COH. I would like to do something like that again, but I need to find out how COH got all that started, it was right when I started with COH.

6fundraiser ideas! Empty Re: fundraiser ideas! Tue May 31, 2011 9:32 am

Ashley

Ashley
Admin

Silpada is a brand of jewelry...but it doesn't suck. It's really pretty nice stuff actually. Google them.

Your idea sounds amazing...I will be happy to help! Let's work on a wonderful fun-filled fundraising summer!

https://chainofhope.forumotion.com

7fundraiser ideas! Empty Re: fundraiser ideas! Tue May 31, 2011 11:20 am

wendiehood

wendiehood

When I thought I was going to move last year, I was going to “sell everything for the animals” with all proceeds going to COH. Alas, I didn’t move, but I have accumulated items and would love to donate them to your sale. If the posters / advertising state that it is a sale to benefit animals I think it would draw a lot of people. And I agree…….folks might donate even if they don’t buy. Also…….I was wondering if we could have a few dogs present….like a mini satellite adoption. Do you think it would pose a problem for your city? You could ask for forgiveness later……or not lol. The dogs would get some great exposure and a nice day out.

8fundraiser ideas! Empty Re: fundraiser ideas! Tue May 31, 2011 2:51 pm

sejones65

sejones65

great idea to have some dogs there. Maybe a poster with pics and short bio for all of them too?

9fundraiser ideas! Empty Re: fundraiser ideas! Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

I don't think it would be a problem to have a few dogs there. I will know for sure in a couple weeks about my loan approval and closing date. I definitely like the advertising as a benefit yard sale, that will def attract more people. I will hopefully have a double garage, so I can start collecting things after we get settled in. I'll keep you posted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum