Chain of Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chain of Hope

Chain of Hope

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help - I need some food ideas for our Mr. Charlie!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wendiehood

wendiehood

He’s never really eaten dog food very well – never liked dry and earlier on we ran the gamut of canned foods from top-of-the-line, holistic, to not-so-top-of-the-line. He’s eaten for a day or 2 stretch, then won’t touch Rotisserie chicken alone and with rice, hamburger, Satin Balls (the raw hamburger recipe to put weight on), beef stew, spam, potted meat, deviled ham, Vienna sausages, ice cream..... all in various combinations, hot and cold. Now, he’s really not interested in anything but small quantities of cheese and bacon so we eat that as much as possible. But, he’s not eating nearly enough. He won’t touch dog treats, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or lots of other people food I’ve offered. If anyone has any ideas at all please let me know and thank you!

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

In my vet tech program, we use ham and cheese baby food to get the sick cats to take their medicine... it's worth a shot. They like it because it is really smelly. When Ranger was really sick he did that too, the only thing he would eat was cheese, sliced lunch meat, and satin balls. He eventually started eating again, but it was sooo frustrating. He would also eat that Science Diet A/D canned food that you can get at the vet. Sometimes I would have to squirt that down his throat with a syringe because he wouldn't eat anything. I hope he starts eating more soon!

wendiehood

wendiehood

Thanks so much, Britney - I'll get some baby food on my way home tonight. This morning he ate 6 pieces of bacon and some cheese, so I have to keep going through this with him. I guess when he absolutely won't eat a thing for a few days maybe I'll know? I hope I'll know. Until then, I can't give up - this is so hard. What a a wonderful job you've done with Ranger...thank you for giving him the life he deserves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum