Chain of Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chain of Hope

Chain of Hope

You are not connected. Please login or register

update for bingo volunteers

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1update for bingo volunteers Empty update for bingo volunteers Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

I just reposted this in case someone didn't see this:

Here is what I am thinking: Last time it was super busy by the time I showed up at 6:45, so I am going to arrive at Hamburger Mary's at 6, get the prizes set up, get the t-shirt table organized and talk with the staff. I have Kendra down to sell t-shirts, so if you want to be there around 6 or so, that way you can get some food too! Do you still have the sign holder for the price sheet and mannequin? And the safe?

I have Patty, Sarah M, Ashley, Michelle, Shirley, Marilyn, and Sarah J for selling raffle tickets and bingo cards. I will have 3 of you on raffle tickets and 4 of you selling bingo cards. The raffle tickets are $1 each or they can get 6 for $5. I will have a raffle ticket 'tearer' for people that buy multiple ones so you don't have to worry about tearing each individual ticket apart, just get them to the bucket and someone else will do that. Bingo cards are 10 for $10. They come in a packet of 10, so that makes it very easy, no counting! We will also need to hand out markers and rule sheets, so come prepared with pockets! If you guys could show up between 6-7, that would be awesome!

Some people come to these charity events and don't know anything about the charity, so be prepared to explain what COH is all about if anyone asks. I will have some print outs of our information that is in our packets we hand out if people want to know more.

Please wear your COH t-shirts, if you don't have one, let me know! This event was very hectic, but a lot of fun last time. It was packed! If you have any questions, just let me know, I'm sure I'm leaving something out here. 816-560-5857 britneykaye11@yahoo.com

I will also have little printed out lists of the raffle and bingo prizes so you can tell people what we have when you selling tickets and cards!

2update for bingo volunteers Empty Re: update for bingo volunteers Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:48 am

sarah

sarah

Brittney you're awesome for all this THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for taking care of this entire fundraiser!!!

Bullet points for volunteers to talk to people about COH:

* Volunteers go into inner-city neighborhoods educating pet owners regarding proper care, food and fresh water, shelter, tie-outs instead of chains.
* Educating pit owners that you have to have your pit spayed/nuetered in KCMO. No exceptions.
* Answer animal cruelty calls
* Get animals out of abusive and neglectful situations
* Chain of Hope house is a halfway house for animals between the abusive owners and their new, forever home
* Encourage people to have 'jean days' at their employer (90% of employers have occasional jean days where employees pay $1, $5, etc. to wear jeans, that money goes to a non-profit. Sometimes the employer matches the amount)
* Encourage people to be on look-out for animal cruelty

Just some thoughts. I'm used to answering the "what is Chain of Hope?" question. Thanks!

3update for bingo volunteers Empty Re: update for bingo volunteers Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

Awesome! I can add these bullet points to the sheet I make up that has the bingo and raffle prizes!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum