Chain of Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chain of Hope

Chain of Hope

You are not connected. Please login or register

Libby, poor Libby...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Libby, poor Libby... Empty Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:24 pm

sarah

sarah

Hey all,

First of all, I know I'm preaching to the choir here, and I know most of you already have 4, 5, 6+ dogs at home but I'm really concerned about Libby, she needs to get out and get into a home. Even if for a few nights or a week.

I just moved into a new place and my landlord, who is terrified of dogs, agreed to my two, but I'm not comfortable yet asking him if I can bring a 3rd into the mix, even if for a short while.

I know many of you think Libby is dog aggressive but I could not be any more serious when I say, SHE IS NOT. I'm not sure who the drama queen was that said she was aggressive but I have her out with the other dogs EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm at COH. Just this past Friday night, Marilyn and Ashley and I had her out with Sadie, Ellie and Jack and she was fine! Then we had her out with Sonny, Cher and Hara/Laila. If anything, she gets picked on by the other dogs!

Again, I know I'm preaching to the choir and you all have so much going on, so many dogs, etc. I just thought if I put a plea out there we may get someone who would take her in for a few nights. My heart breaks for this girl. She's been with us for more than a year and I'm noticing her going downhill. She's depressed and rightfully so, she belongs on a couch not in a crate.

Please please please think about taking her in for a few nights, or see if any of your friends/relatives/etc. would take her in. AGAIN, LIBBY IS NOT DOG AGGRESSIVE!!! Someone freaked out about nothing and now she has this bad rap to deal with.

Thanks,
Sarah

2Libby, poor Libby... Empty Re: Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:17 pm

pattyoguin

pattyoguin

Sarah, I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks now and plan to talk to Kate about bringing her home and trying her out with my pack. I love Libby. Not sure what it is about her, but I have fallen completely head over heels in love with that damn girl!!! You will be the first to know what happens....well besides Kate that is!!!

3Libby, poor Libby... Empty Re: Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:20 pm

sarah

sarah

Patti are you serious???? Oh my gosh I just got chills and nearly started crying. I heart you Patti. I really hope it works, I don't see any reason it wouldn't. My separation sucks/sucked on so many different levels but one of the main reasons was because when I was still living with Kurt, we were able to take her in... and now I just don't think that's possible. Oh my gosh bless your heart Patti. Please keep me posted. Again, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work out!! Keep the rawhides away from everyone unless they're in their separate kennels:) that's all I can think of. Please, keep me posted. You're a saint Patti. That little girl needs/deserves a couch and a family!

4Libby, poor Libby... Empty Re: Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:55 pm

pattyoguin

pattyoguin

Like I said I have really fallen for her over the past couple of weeks. It breaks my heart everytime I have to put her back in a crate. I have a message into Kate to give me a call when she can. We will see. Going to have to "surprise" Gerald with this one! Thank God he is so patient with me and my passion!!!

5Libby, poor Libby... Empty Re: Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:03 pm

sarah

sarah

Patti you are so awesome and Gerald is a saint - you tell him I said that Smile

Kate called me last night about taking Libby for awhile so I'm sure she'll be fine with it:)

Keep me posted, please:)

6Libby, poor Libby... Empty Re: Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

I agree, Libby needs a home. I don't think she is dog aggressive, but there are certain dogs that she doesn't get along with very well. It also depends on the situation. Bowie and her got into it pretty good a while back, but they were in the hallway where someone may have felt cornered. I really think with lots of space and some supervision, she will be fine. The house I'm moving to has a 4 foot chain link fence, Libby would jump it in a heart beat! As soon as I get a privacy fence up, I will take on the escapees! Patty, that would be amazing if that would work out! Keeping my fingers crossed! Gerald will understand, lol

7Libby, poor Libby... Empty Re: Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:18 pm

sarah

sarah

Britney - agreed, but we really can't be so dramatic about things. I took Stella and Max over to Laura's Friday night (Onxy and Lana's foster mom) and one of her labs, Venice, attacked Stella, then after about 5 minutes everything was fine. Then awhile later Venice attacked Max, then after awhile everything was fine.

Libby and Bowie got into it over a RAWHIDE which is a dumb idea anyway, to have rawhides out there among dogs. I think its time we forgive her and move on. I know we've had people interested in Libby over the past 6-8 months and someone from COH told them she was severely dog aggressive. Again, everytime I'm there (2x/week) I have Libby outside with every single dog at that house.

I understand some people are wary of letting dogs play when they've heard they're 'aggressive' but seriously it sucks this has gotten so blown out of proportion. Marilyn and Ashley can attest to the fact that Libby was an angel and the other dogs picked on her yet, she didn't do anything.

Sorry for coming off like this, its just really frustrating when people blow things out of proportion (which I believe the person who blew the Libby/Bowie thing out of proportion isn't with COH anymore) and it affects a dog's future like this has.

Lots of love to everyone,
Bitchy Sarah

8Libby, poor Libby... Empty Re: Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:42 pm

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

I know Bowie had to have some stitches, but it was just a situational thing. I know Amy, who fostered and then adopted Libby a while back had no problems with her. Then Libby and Amy's other dog started to not get along, which eventually ended up with Amy's other dog needing an emergency vet visit with stitches. I've seen Libby get snippy with other dogs too. Just today she snarled at Lana while they were playing in the pool. But I have had her in the backyard with everyone and it was all just fine. I just don't want new volunteers getting that idea and not knowing how to handle a dog fight if one breaks out. She still needs to be supervised. I think with the right family and the right dogs, Libby will be an awesome edition. I know when we label her as dog aggressive, people don't want to adopt her. I don't think she is dog aggressive, but she has had her issues in the past. Potential adopters need to know this so they can make that decision. A person with experience needs to adopt her, I think.

9Libby, poor Libby... Empty Re: Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:26 pm

sarah

sarah

If we label Libby as dog aggressive we also need to call Jack dog aggressive, Fergie dog aggressive, Sadie dog aggressive, Ellie dog aggressive, Sophia dog aggressive and Cher dog aggressive. I get your point, Britney, that potential homes need to know she needs to be supervised but we are absolutely doing Libby an injustice when we call her dog aggressive.

10Libby, poor Libby... Empty Re: Libby, poor Libby... Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Britney Hertzog

Britney Hertzog

I wouldn't say they are dog aggressive, they just don't get along with everyone, just like people, lol. Just misunderstood.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]